You know you love audio/gear when... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2004, 06:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to eRiCdWoNg
Default You know you love audio/gear when...

new gear causes you to loose sleep (in 2 senses)....2 nights ago I got about 4 hours of sleep, I was really tired but last night I finally got a chance to play with my new Partsexpress closeout 15" DVC woofer (I think its a Kove audio buyout) for the car. I found one of my old retired sonotubes I had in the attic from a previous endevour. I couldnt find the darm input terminal cups since I had taken them off but I finally managed to find them. At this point it was 1 AM and I had to be up rather early today. I found the cups, put them in and wired up the sub. I stuffed it in the back of my car and wired it up to the car stereo. I had nothing to secure the tube from rolling around so I went to my room, grabbed 2 of my pillows I sleep on and stuffed them in the rear hatch compartment. Then I shut the hatch and jammed the tube in place. I went driving around at 2 AM testing out my new woofer. My rear view mirror rattles too much it doesnt keep itself up. I got in really tired went to go to sleep and then my pillows were gone, so I had to go back out to the car and take the pillows out that kept my woofer tube from rolling around.
Old 27th March 2004, 07:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

It might have been more fitting if you had just slept in the car!

Hide this!Advertise here!