Peter Daniel's website, is it new or have I missed it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter, nice stuff you have got. Is the webiste new or have I missed it?

More pictures of your excellent work please. :nod:

http://www.specializedkits.com/index.html

Our first task is to provide dedicated chassis units, that can be assembled in a true IKEA style, with structural efficiency,integrity, top grade appearance and reasonable DIY price.

You like the swedish IKEA?

In Sweden IKEA is cheap furniture and not the highest quality but still they have lot's of stuff which are actually both good and nice looking and not too expensive. IKEA is more like Volvo and will never become a BMW. IKEA is very good in making flat packages! :nod:

It is brand new... and I hope to expand it.

About IKEA: it is mostly about simplicity and that's what I want to project through my (kit) products. Also, when assembling IKEA stuff, everything usually fits and works.;)

I'm starting with the kits, but I will also offer complete units (everything that is offered in a kit form can be also acquired preassembled and tested).

I will be working on a Patek chassis soon, as I'm getting some enquiries regarding it.

The Ikea stores used to have cartoon characters with based on the little hex wrench with eyes and a big helpful smile.

Why are they called Philips screws any way? Are they named after Royal Philips Elctonics?

Golly I was only joking:
Innovation came from Dutch electronics giant, Philips. Philips, of course, are famous for not going along with the rest of the world on any new invention but developing their own incompatible format: Remember the V2000 format VCR? (If you own one it's probably a collector's item even if you can't get a tape to play in it!). On rare occasions, as with the compact cassette (you know, those things which your car stereo eats if you can't yet afford a car CD player), Philips hit the jackpot. This they did many years ago with the familiar cross-headed screw. (Who knows, maybe they conceived it as the 1950's equivalent of the various funny proprietary screws designed to stop Joe Bloggs tinkering with appliances simply by not having the right proprietary screwdriver).

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/5429/screw.htm

On the topic of IKEA, I find there are two types of people in the world:

:bawling: Those who get the packages where things are missing or of the wrong size.
:D Those who get the packages where everything fits.

There is a correlation with reading the assembly instructions, but it's fairly weak. It seems a certain level of spatial talent is required to pull it off. Maybe someone should write "IKEA assembly for dummies".

In the 25 years that have passed since my first IKEA gem, I can only remember being short once.

Rune

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You Sweds really think BMWs are better than Volvos?

Not me (i'm of the mind that a real BMW has 2 cylinders and they are push-push).

Peter's site is so new it isn't finished yet :) I uploaded the current version 10 days ago... it should get real exciting once i get Peter comfortable making & editing his own pages and he can get what is in his head directly into html -- gotta keep him turning out HiFi gems.

dave

Christer said:
Wow, an IKEA version of amplifier case kits!!!! Now it just takes
inventing some IKEAish names for them. :)

Nevermind the names for the, whos going to come up with the garbled description of the thing thats meant to sell the product to you.

Another superb case with quintissential values, makes this case perfect for holding your fets,opamps, BJT's or even valves!(ahem solid state rules!). Supplied in either a satin black or sparkling silver finish guaranteed to provide domestic bliss against the most severe cases of WAF.

LOL

I thought Id throw in the quintissential bit as one catalog had every other item of clothing with them :xeye:

UrSv said:
A BMW is the same thing as a Volvo but older technology for double the price...

Yeah. And those snooty BMW drivers think they're sooooooo superior. That the world revolves around them and that the traffic laws were written for those other inferior people driving those other, inferior automobiles.

Thankfully, not everyone seems to share that opinion. :)

Attachments

• no_parking.jpg
    no_parking.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 578
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.