Simple, reliable landline telephone amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an older aunt that lives in another state that has trouble hearing people talk on the phone--not in person. I'd like to mail her a phone amp (EASY to hook up, shes 96!). I've googled the device for the $30 price range I'm not finding a product with more than 3 of 5 stars. I realize this is not what you guys normally pay attention to but thought someone else may have looked for this product.

Mark

Joined 2011
I have an older aunt that lives in another state that has trouble hearing people talk
on the phone--not in person. I'd like to mail her a phone amp.

I have a Polycom SoundStation 100 Conference Phone, and will donate it to your Aunt
for the shipping cost. It's simple to use, like a speaker phone (no handset), with very
high quality sound, capable of substantial volume. We used it with our elderly aunt too.
Polycom SoundStation 100 -

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
There used to be strap-on amplifiers. Awkward.

It seems "obvious" to have a booster-box in-line but I have never seen one.

The usual and most convenient thing is/was a telephone with boost built in. My cordless phone has that and I use it when I remember. I suppose wired phones must be available. All landline phones are going out of style so selection may be small.

Rayma's offer of a known-good Aunt-approved phone is generous and a good idea. A drawback is that "it does not look like a phone" and you do not hold it to your ear. However I have used that product (or one very like it) and it does work great.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.