Help Programming Atmega8-16PU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to build a "Motorized Volume Pot" that was featured in Elektor Magazine November 2008.

At the heart of the circuit is an ATMEGA8-16PU microcontroller. And at the time of printing one could buy a programmed microcontroller. As far as I can see this option is no longer available.

I have no programming experience or the hardware to do this myself. The ATMEGA8 is still available at Mouser and the code can still be downloaded from Elektor. I have the files.

Is there anyone here willing to flash this microcontroller for me?

I can buy the microcontroller and have it shipped directly to you.

Last edited:
Hi dennismiller,

I have a Atmel AVRISP mk II programmer and use it with the old AVR studio 4. It can program a ATMEGA8-16PU in ISP mode.
These Atmel AVRISP mk II programmers are very reasonably priced. I see that they are obsolete but still available.
if you do not want to buy the programmer, I guess i could program it for you, send me a PM in that case.
You need the hex code to program the device.
I am an Elektor mag member, so I found the project in the Nov 2008 mag.
Did you buy the pcbs for this project? 071135 They show sold out. i see they show the pcb images to make your own pcb.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.