Capacitor plate leaks neutralization

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
baking soda and water, followed by distilled water?

Sodium bicarbonate can be used as a wash to remove any acidic impurities from a "crude" liquid, producing a purer sample. Reaction of sodium bicarbonate and an acid produce a salt and carbonic acid, which readily decomposes to carbon dioxide and water:
NaHCO3 + HCl → NaCl + H2CO3H2CO3 → H2O + CO2(g)

OK. The problem is that some Nichicon caps leak an important quantity of fluids from its entrails, destroying copper wires, and is the voltage is important, some parts of the PCB becomes carbonized. It also sometimes leaks between pcb layers, corroding all that it can, vias, tracks, etc. I want to clean it as careful as I can, because it's very destructive. If temperature, time and voltages are present, the damage may be important.

Please, may any moderator change from "capacitor plates" to "capacitor plagues". I Apologize for the mistake.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.