Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Elliott Sound Products (ESP) website
Elliott Sound Products (ESP) website
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2016, 05:15 AM   #1
rode is offline rode  Australia
diyAudio Member

Angry Elliott Sound Products (ESP) website

Firstly, I'd like to thank the countless DIY people worldwide who have supported my (previous) site over the last 15 years.

While it may appear that my site is gone, it's just been moved to Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

The rumours of my death (or at least that of my website) have been greatly exaggerated

I could go into some detail about the shoddy way I was treated by my hosting provider, but I shall refrain. Suffice to say that it's still alive, and hopefully it will get well again soon.

15 years is a very long time for any website, and it's distressing when its URL is changed. Some may recall that the same thing happened to my Australian website (and my primary email address) recently, so it's been a double-whammy.

Please feel free to visit the site at its new home - Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

Cheers, Rod Elliott
Old 30th August 2016, 05:55 AM   #2
jazzy939 is offline jazzy939  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Rod,
Thank you for the web page and I am one of the frequent visitors that benefited from your postings. Will drop by your new website/home.
Thank you again and God bless you.
Old 30th August 2016, 06:14 AM   #3
dotneck335 is offline dotneck335  United States
diyAudio Member

THANK YOU, Mr. Elliott, for providing me and thousands others invaluable information, immensely interesting reading, and great projects!!
Old 30th August 2016, 07:15 AM   #4
rex_johnston is offline rex_johnston  Norfolk Island
diyAudio Member

yes, i was trying to absorb all you had to say about audio transformers and noticed that westhost had modified their redirect to www.*, thereby screwing up your website. If i can be of any assistance, please let me/everyone know.
Old 30th August 2016, 01:34 PM   #5
illinimdg is offline illinimdg  United States
diyAudio Member

I about had a heart-attack! Glad all is well. I'm pinching pennies in hopes of buying one or ten of your boards at some point in the future. Thanks for the wealth of info and projects. Cheers~
Old 31st August 2016, 01:35 AM   #6
easp is offline easp
diyAudio Member

Glad to hear that you are back online.

If you register your own domain name (do it through someone other than your hosting provider) it's much easier to switch web hosting providers.
Old 31st August 2016, 10:25 AM   #7
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Thanks. I find your site always thought-provoking.
Old 31st August 2016, 01:05 PM   #8
tbj is offline tbj  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hey Rod. Found this after searching google wondering why the old site was down. Glad you've only moved and not disappeared altogether - always thought your site was one of the most informative audio pages on the web and enjoyed reading some of the rants/non-sound-related pages, too!

I built an LM3886 amp loosely based on one of your designs some years ago which has always been a good workhorse and have also built your "Project 03" amp on a self-designed PCB - one day I'll get round to actually buying one of your boards as a way of saying thanks!

Last edited by tbj; 31st August 2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 31st August 2016, 03:31 PM   #9
MikeVou is offline MikeVou  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks so much Rod for all your brilliant work over so many years. The information you provide is the most reliable, comprehensive and trustworthy that exists anywhere! So glad to have it back - it must never be lost!
Old 31st August 2016, 04:11 PM   #10
minek123 is offline minek123  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rode View Post
Firstly, I'd like to thank the countless DIY people worldwide who have supported my (previous) site over the last 15 years.

While it may appear that my site is gone, it's just been moved to Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

The rumours of my death (or at least that of my website) have been greatly exaggerated

I could go into some detail about the shoddy way I was treated by my hosting provider, but I shall refrain. Suffice to say that it's still alive, and hopefully it will get well again soon.

15 years is a very long time for any website, and it's distressing when its URL is changed. Some may recall that the same thing happened to my Australian website (and my primary email address) recently, so it's been a double-whammy.

Please feel free to visit the site at its new home - Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

Cheers, Rod Elliott
Rod, perhaps it would work better to get your own domain name - this way whenever you change hosting provider or location, nothing really changes - your domain name points to wherever your site is actually hosted..
Now, with new URL, all google links and search results are not working..
Unfortunately your new site site is blocked by my employer

Elliott Sound Products (ESP) websiteHide this!Advertise here!