any tips for cutting this panel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It worked out ok, lol. Plus I found something a little better than leftover birch to use for end caps after a little attention.

I remember seeing a substantial sized wooden harp on the front wall in a music room some time ago. Thinking back now it might of simply been display purposed but Im kind of also thinking now it was a sound diffuser. It would take some real skill to build something like that but look excellent in a nice dressed listening room.

I'll stick to the easier stuff for now and try a skyline next.

Attachments

• dfsrpnl.jpg
    dfsrpnl.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I will collaborate a few project pics of things I make here and there and stick to one topic. what Ive been aiming to do is get a rectangular shaped room that seems to have pretty good control over sound already and improve upon it. here is the exterior door. I managed to get that hung. working on multiple things day by day at any given time for sometimes many hours is kind of tiring me out lol. maybe taking it easy for a while and enjoy summer is a wise idea.

This door turned out to be a royal pain in the ***. first I had to cut it with the grinder to section it, then gut a bunch of really tough foam out in order to get the wooden insert sewn back together and screw back in place. I ended up putting a triangular counter sink bit on a high speed drill and chewed through it like butter after it was laughing at sharp blades, its strong ****. It was meant for an outer storm door. We have one exactly the same on the house side they are excellent at blocking sound. That took upwards of a day to get to that stage. But once main works done and its now up I can seal it in. now I consider it worth the effort. The framing it in was interesting as well. But measurements were close on it fits well and will have a paper thin consistenty for clearance around parameter. Just rwquires minor sanding then it should close with a pinky.

More stuff will make it here at some point or another. I have a few other ideas for sound absorption and two different diffuses sound isolation

Attachments

• 20160621_173724.jpg
    20160621_173724.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.