Removing a speaker from stand - no idea how :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope this is the right forum to ask a question like this. I apologize if I missed the place, I've been lurking around for a while but never posted before.

I have purchased A/V receiver and a set of speakers 5 years ago, and had it installed by a company I purchased it from.

They also installed surround speakers on stands, but gave me no details on stand model or anything else. At the time, I did not think of asking anything.

Now I need to move to another place and need to remove the speakers from the stand, and pack them into boxes. Speakers in question are Mission MX2 bookshelf speakers.

However, I can't get in touch with people who sold/installed the gear and I have no idea how the speakers were mounted on stands, nor how to remove them from stands.

From what I understand, very common way of mounting speakers is by using Blu Tack. But I am not sure if there is a way to determine, with certainty, whether Blu Tack was used. Gap between the bottom of the speaker and top of the stand is almost non-existent, I am not sure if Blu Tack 'spreads' under pressure from speaker and becomes flat (thus, no gap). I am also not sure if speakers maybe have some screw holes at the bottom and are screwed to the mount - can't find any pictures of MX2 bottom (and manuals page on Mission site has nothing on it, argh).

So, if anyone has experience with speakers/stands like this, or tricks on how to determine method of mounting, I would be grateful for any input/help.

Pictures of the stand are here:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thank you :)

Perhaps before applying force, you might pull out the woofer and look inside to see if there are any bolts you cannot see from outside. For example there could be threaded inserts in the legs, with bolts down through the bottom of the speaker into them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.