DC-DC step-up converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I am planing to make DC-DC step-up converter. 12V-15V input and
20V-24V output. Current needs to be regulated up to 20A on output.
It will be used for hydrogen generator.
If You have useful schematic or suggestions please post it here.
Thanks!

Unfortunately two battery trick can't help because of changing resistance of the cell. Voltage needed for operating cell is ranging from
7V to 18V depending of electrolyte temp. and to have constant flow of hydrogen current needs to be constant.
Regards.

sasha said:
Unfortunately two battery trick can't help because of changing resistance of the cell. Voltage needed for operating cell is ranging from
7V to 18V depending of electrolyte temp. and to have constant flow of hydrogen current needs to be constant.
Regards.

How much current do you need?

Use two batteries and make a constant current source out of a power transistor, a diode and a couple of resistors.

Here is a set of links to get you started.
http://www.discovercircuits.com/C/constant.htm

Phil

Hi guys,
Thanks for link, Haldor. I think I will find something useful on the site.
Have my eye on buck convertor and with some mods should be able to output 20A. Regarding suggestion for linear power supply,
two problems: 1. input voltage is limited to 12V (hydrogen gen. is installed on the truck) and 2. power dissipation is huge (24V in, 7V out
@ 20A = 340W:hot: )
Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.