Is there a difference between Wonder Ultraclear and Signature solder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know whether there is a difference between the TRT Wonder Ultraclear and the Signature solder both thin leaded?

Is it just a name change or a formulation change? I just bought a 1lb roll of the Signature leaded thin and received a roll of Ultraclear with "sig" written in ink on it. Also in the past another vendor I had bought 25gm from said that they are both the same. Yet I have seen a picture of a roll with the Wonder Signature label on it.

I have sent an email to TRT but they have not responded.

Thanks. Nash

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
NOTE from TRT leader, Pete Moncrieff:

in its vapor state the flux does a better cleaning job, giving you an even better quality joint that also sounds even better.

As my brain closes it's suitcase and walks out the door, I realise I've been looking at my solder joints all these years and I should have been listening to them instead.

Sorry about your misfortune. I think your soldering skills are the most important thing here.

As my brain closes it's suitcase and walks out the door, I realise I've been looking at my solder joints all these years and I should have been listening to them instead.

Sorry about your misfortune. I think your soldering skills are the most important thing here.

Thanks. I take it that means that the flux is different and superior. When was the response from Peter?

Nash

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
The response is posted on PE website.

I once bought some bulk solder (about 5lb) but I don't like working with it. Still, I've built a couple of amps with it exclusively. The only problems I see is the workability and the odour. I can work around these issues so once the amps are finished that's the end of it as I see it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.