OT: Sad story... will make you sad.. don't read it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I warned you!:
I was visiting my Sister and Brother-in-law the other day. He works in High tech manufacturing in the Ottawa valley area of Ontario. AKA- 'Silicon Valley North'.

He just recently quit working for a firm that manufactured gear for making dies, cutting dies (silicon wafer manufacturing), and lasers, plasma cutting gear, etc, etc. Boom..then bust. The company he last worked for shut their doors. He was one of the last people in the building and was involved in disposal and clean up. Here's the scary part. Close your eyes now.. don't read any more!!)

All the gear is of course, high voltage, high current PS stuff, especially the plasma and laser cutting rigs, etc.

Now, in this place, the shop floor guy was found to have a baseball sized piece of 24k gold wire bits from the threading machines for wiring the IC's internally. So wastage was common with such cash floating around.

Also,an entire room of aluminum boards, panels, bars,etc. 5500-6000 pounds or so, it turned out.

What else did they throw out? Two mid sized ( approx. 10ft x10ft by 6 ft high) FULL, I repeat FULL DUMPSTERS.. of BRAND NEW, IN THE BOX...High current, TOROIDAL transformers (120 and 220 to HV- all strappable!) and TOROIDAL CHOKES.

AAAARRRRGGGG! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bawling: :dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.