Cable capacitance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Reading on the Venhaus fine silver interconnects site, I quote: "Ultra-low capacitance (there is a direct correlation with capacitance and signal rise-time, with interconnects)"

In other words, the cable has higher bandwidth. I fail to see why bandwidth beyond audio frequencies matters in an interconnect. Maybe someone can clear things up for me.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Rise time of transients is directly proportional to bandwidth.
Since humans can only hear to 20kHz, a (true) low pass filtering of the sound including any transients will not make an audible difference. Think of the transient as a sum of parts of sine waves. All of which are low pass filtered to 20kHz. So the transient rise time doesn't need to be faster than the rise time of an equally loud 20kHz sine wave.
So wouldn't having some amount of capacitance in the cable prevent very high frequency noise from getting into the amplifier and possibly modulating audible ones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.