speaker cable trellis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just saw a YouTube 6moons interview of a fellow who used speaker cable and interconnect trellis to keep the cables off the floor. I believe the trellises were made from satellite fragments that had been cryogenically treated and then prayed over by someone with spiritual credentials.

Trellises?

I have confidence there is some scientific conceit behind this, but I cannot fathom it.

GM

Joined 2003
Have you ever dragged an electrical cord over your bare foot and felt the static charge? Apparently, spacing it up off the floor helps with this somehow, though personally can't hear any difference, but then I didn't try it until my HF hearing had already rolled off from age.

GM

Have you ever dragged an electrical cord over your bare foot and felt the static charge?
GM

I am trying to imagine a scenario where I would be dragging an electrical cord over my bare foot.

Is this a solo pursuit or enjoyed in the company of another? LOL

Does the cord build static because of the current flow through it? Is it the proximity to the floor that creates static? I am sometimes slow on the uptake, in addition to being a preternatural wisenheimer.

Now that is interesting.

I have pretty short cable runs but, with all the scrap plywood about, it would be short work to get them up off the floor. And, now I have Christmas gift ideas for the audiophile friends in my life who already own everything else!

Thanks for fielding this.

Now that is interesting.

I have pretty short cable runs but, with all the scrap plywood about, it would be short work to get them up off the floor. And, now I have Christmas gift ideas for the audiophile friends in my life who already own everything else!

Thanks for fielding this.

For once, it appears this topic might actually die on the vine.

Heh.

No, I blundered into that one. I had no idea this was a topic, or even that it was a thing.

Good lord, I have not seen such silliness since the late 70's "brick." The brick was a big heavy inert block that you placed over the power supply cover of an amplifier and it made the "veil" drop. Yada, Yada.

But what I called trellis, are apparently called lifters.

Yes, this is an "elevated" narrative that does not belong on the hallowed grounds of Full Range. But I will give it a try. It looks awful though. Kind of like the model train villages I built as a kid and all the power lines going about in the town.

No, I blundered into that one. I had no idea this was a topic, or even that it was a thing.

Oh, it's a thing all right. A long, winding, teeth-grinding, head-exploding thing.

Good lord, I have not seen such silliness since the late 70's "brick." The brick was a big heavy inert block that you placed over the power supply cover of an amplifier and it made the "veil" drop. Yada, Yada.
No, no, it was supposed to lift the veil, not drop it. They should've had "This Side Up" stickers on them. :)

-- Jim

I just Googled "cable lifters" and saw a 6Moons review of cable lifters, now that I know what to call them.

$100 for 4 of them. I am definitely going to my plywood scraps in the fall and creating Christmas presents for friends of mine. How cool is that?

Yes, the Brick should have come with instructions. But, there may have been an up-priced Brick that was bi-directional.

There are practices that have never seemed to make a difference to me and those that really improved the experience. Usually it is the case that something is "good" or "bad." I have heard bad interconnects. I have never heard a "bad" power cord. But I have heard "bad" power supplies. When it comes to "good" stuff I am at a loss. Once an interconnect or power supply is in the "good" category, I have trouble telling "good" from "better."

So, now that I have been lifted out of the pit of ignorance and am now privy to the art of lifting speaker cables, maybe my system will be likewise elevated. It looks like hell, but it costs nothing. I would be tickled pink if it improves things.

Its a hobby.

Jim the Oldbie said:
Oh, it's a thing all right. A long, winding, teeth-grinding, head-exploding thing.
One of the nice things about audio (especially at the expensive end) is that there is no idea which is so unlikely that it could not possibly be promoted by someone in the alleged pursuit of alleged better sound. That is why this forum looks exactly the same on 1st April as it does on every other day of the year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.