advice please on contacting DANTIMAX.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm also trying to contact him... Placed an order six weeks ago, and nothing since then, after several attempts to get a shipping date or... well, anything... from him. I've read on here that he can be difficult to contact. Does anyone know if it is just this, or has he ceased trading/illness etc?

Djg440 - did you have any luck?

Hello,

I placed an order with Dantimax for $210 over a month ago & have not received order or had a response from them. I emailed them 4 times over the last week & half with no luck. I saw another member was having same problem on another Forum. Was highly recommended by many Members. Everybody was bashing him for inquiring about his order. Well I do not do business with people or companies that do not communicate with customers. I think I will file a claim with Pay Pal. Something is going on when this many people start asking about orders not being delivered. A simple email would clear things up, but they can't even seem to do that. It's a shame, I would much rather have the order, but I beginning to think I may be lucky just to get my money back.

Yes I was returned my money from Pay Pal! I have ordered from him before with great results!
I also would rather have the items that he has to offer.
I heard that he responded to a email saying he has been swamped with his main job. If that was just conveyed to us.
A notice on his sight saying something so the buyer will not wonder , this is also a suggestion for Mikkel for when he can fill the orders!
I guess at this point have to see where he takes this.
Hope things get straightened out for him and everyone.

I wrote to him again, but without a response, so I'm going to have to try getting a chargeback from my credit card company... Which tends to be a lengthy process... I understand that it seems to be more like a hobby/sidelines business, so along with the decent prices and interesting products it may not have the corporate service to which we have all become accustomed - but it's still a business and still involves a financial transaction. I also think some sort of disclaimer on his site warning that he may not respond to emails, or could have large delays would be fair to his prospective customers.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
He can be hard to get in touch with. I bought a couple of things from him late last year but had to wait a week or more from initially emailing him to get a response. I get the impression he is very busy with work, and Dantimax stuff is dealt with when he has a chance.

My advice would be to establish contact with him by email before placing an order. Once you get in touch and order he's reasonably efficient - but don't expect same day turn around.

Basically, if you are patient and can handle waiting long periods for a response he's fine to deal with.
If you need parts ASAP or sooner, look for alternatives.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
My point is if you can't get hold of him by email don't order. There is history of people ordering and then not getting a response going back several years at least. It seems a bit random TBH.

If you've ordered and he's not responding follow up with your credit card company.

He's not a bad guy to deal with IF you can get on to him but if he's not responding it's kinda difficult to buy from someone who is too busy to sell...

I was contacted by him a few days ago & asked if I wanted a refund or the parts because I had opened a claim with Pay Pal. He said he had been working a lot of overtime & that he would have time over Easter Holiday to ship. I emailed him back & told him I would rather have the parts. He responded right away & said he would get order together over Easter Holiday & ship it. I emailed him again yesterday & he responded right away saying the order would ship today & that he had not shipped it yet because everything was still shut down for Holiday. I think they take 4 days off. Maybe he worked on catching up orders over Holiday. He was very polite & sincere. Hope to have order in a few weeks.

I'm afraid I am the last victim of Dantimax. I ordered a remote control kit on the 8th november and paid by PayPal and I still have no news about it. No answer to my emails. I have bought components all over the world and never have had this problem. I didn't know this thread, otherwise I wouldn't ordered it.

I am also having a problem in contacting Dantimax, and I certainly hope that Mikkel is OK. I have sent 4 emails over the past 2 weeks, with no response. If anyone knows of another way of contacting him, I would appreciate your advice.

I have several of his control boards, and input boards which I have use in my preamps. Unfortunately, the one that I am using in my Aleph P.1.7 clone has developed a problem.

By simple swapping of the main processor from another one of his control boards into the control board of the offending unit, I am 100% certain that it is the processor that has failed.

The issue now, is that I cannot do a thing with this preamp in its current state.

It also highlights the problem: When these issues do happen, and contact cannot be made with the originator for spare parts, you are stuffed!!

Oh well. Looks like I will go back to the good old rotary switch for future projects.

Regards
George VK5ZG

Where is Dantimax

Hello again.

I have now made 10 attempts to contact Mikkel from Dantimax, with no joy.

Either something has happened to the poor guy, or he has shut up shop.

As stated in my previous post, I am in need of just the programmed CPU that is used in his "Control 2" Board.

If anyone can help, Please contact me.

I will also post this in the swap meet section.

Kind Regards

George.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.