The DIY Store - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2015, 11:02 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default The DIY Store

Rant On...

Ya know I like to support this site and what goes on here. I went to the store to buy a chassis for a DAC project and there is nothing in stock! Chassis have been out of stock for a long time now. Why? They obviously sell... or there would be stock.

There is a thing you do when stock begins to get low... you order more! This way they are always in stock. Please get with it or get out of it all together! I ordered a chassis from Par Metal this time instead of the store, it is priced about the same but their chassis are not quite as nice. I hope I don't have to repeat this same thing on next project as I'd much rather support what goes on at this site.

Rant off...

Mark
Old 26th March 2015, 04:32 PM   #2
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Maybe it's a cash flow issue. I can't imagine the DIY store has very deep pockets to stock everything, all the time. But I do agree with you, in that if a popular items starts to get low, you buy more stock. Maybe there's just not enough interest among the community to keep very much stock around. They've always had the PCBs I've bought over the past couple of years, but I've never purchased a chassis.
Old 28th March 2015, 03:07 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

I have sent this to HO.
Old 5th April 2015, 04:41 AM   #4
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Hi Mark. Thanks for the feedback and for be a store patron. Cashflow and 6 month lead time (roughly: 2 to produce, 2 to ship, 2 for everything else). Every time we re-order we look at what sold, what didn't sell, order more of what sold and usually a few more varieties as well. Quantities are small and sometimes if there is a "run" on one item they do sell out quickly.

We're looking into a way to reduce or eliminate that 6 month lead time so we can be much more dynamic.
Old 5th April 2015, 06:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Quantities are small and sometimes if there is a "run" on one item they do sell out quickly.
Hi Jason, while you're here: I went to order a T-shirt today but couldn't find a place to specify white or black. Did I miss something? Also, not for nuthin but there's still a notice on the T-shirt page about the $9.95 Christmas sale, which has apparently ended.

-- Jim
Old 5th April 2015, 09:49 AM   #6
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Oldbie View Post
Hi Jason, while you're here: I went to order a T-shirt today but couldn't find a place to specify white or black. Did I miss something? Also, not for nuthin but there's still a notice on the T-shirt page about the $9.95 Christmas sale, which has apparently ended.

-- Jim
Actually we only ever made them in black Thanks for the reminder about the text on the special!

Hide this!Advertise here!