Can anyone suggest a "reputable" online Service Manual ordering site?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to buy some service manuals on-line. I am a little concerned about giving out my credit-card information to someone I have never heard of. Any suggestions, i.e. someone who you have ordered a service manual from on-line and received it in a prompt fashion?

Alvaius

Both I and a friend have used
http://www.electronicsrepair.net/scemes.html
without any problems. You can pay with card via ClickBank, with
PayPal and in some other ways too. I used my Visa card and so
far he has never tried to charge me anything more than the cost
of the manual. As soon as he recieves payment, you get a mail
with an ftp address and a password for unzipping the file.

Beware though, while the manual I ordered was obviously an
electronic document in or converted to pdf, the one my friend
orderd was obviously a printed manual that was scanned and
converted to pdf. The latter was still readable, but somewhat
fuzzy and not of the same high quality as the one I got.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just a bit OT:
I have been ordering stuff from the States and other countries here out of Europe, had two cases where they charged me MUCH more then agreed. I each case I have gotting in contact with the CC company (MasterCard) and they promptly refunded the difference, and THEN asked the charger to convince them that the charged amount was correct. Which they couldn'd do, of course.
So, if you got the right paper work like confirmed order with pricing or pricelist or something similar, you'r really quite save, is my experience.

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.