McAfee Siteadvisor blocking content from DIYAudio ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - just in the past few days I've found McAfee SiteAdvisor displays a solid black banner at the top of DIYAudio pages, stating something along the lines of "We have tested this page and blocked some content from suspicious sites".........I guess it's from a 3rd party or a new advertising link?

Anyone else encountered this, moderator comments please ?

Thx

MS Defender, the contemporary Security Essentials, doesn't report anything. But until a few days ago neither did McAfee siteadvisor........ can't extract what upsets McAfee siteadvisor, but it happens for me on DIYAudio and Audiokarma only, and just recently as I say. Hard to know which might be 'right', I think......

I have seen the same thing. McAfee (Intel) seems to find some of the adverts on the top and side "suspicious". They also block some of the ads on my Yahoo email client. Nothing important seems to get zapped.

The ad content changes with whatever you have recently searched for via Google or Amazon (and maybe others) so this is why the blocking comes and goes.

That is because McAfee is not working properly. Try using Microsoft Essentials.

They all have their good and bad points. I would rather trust Intel over MS.

I gave up on Norton because they blatantly charged my credit card for services I did not use or agree to and was ordered by the court systems to credit the customers.....they did this by extending the subscriptions for services on computers that I no longer owned.....They know which ones request updates and which ones don't. Good product, bad business sense.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.