ALL MY STUF PICS!! and ones of me :S - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2004, 06:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ALL MY STUF PICS!! and ones of me :S

OK well ive been posting with this excellent discussion board for what feels like ages and Ive always said ive built stuff but with no pics! to prove it!! ANYWAY thats about to change, I got the digicam workin and snapped away.

Ok well first things first is three pics of me. The first is one I took t'day looking not at my best but then who does on pics like that.
The next is of me on the phone, my m8 wanted a pic of me so I took one there and then on the phone HA!. Anyway the last pic is of me and the guinea pig, she is called flossy and this is the best pic that sums her up, she is so cute. But now she has cancer and is on her last legs
Either way house of horrors over on to my kit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (37.3 KB, 251 views)
Old 23rd January 2004, 06:46 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Next my front end

OK here is the stuff that I play sound from.
The 1st two pics are of my 200 watt slone amps complete with DVD case tops (5th element!, the other has ST 1st contact). Then the only thing I havnt replaced with DIY (yet! got a dac in the pipeline) is my TEAC D-T1 DAC. Below it is the preamp/active xover, and 4 channel 80 watt slone amp. Next to that is well self explanitory really, but its the innards of the active xover. complete with alps blu velvet pot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amps.jpg (68.0 KB, 240 views)
Old 23rd January 2004, 06:51 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Speakers

The next set is of various speakers I have built. The 1st is the very 1st speaker I built at the age of 15! yay anyway. They use audax drivers (cant remember part numbers). The speakers to the right are speakers that I made for the kitchen, audax AP100ZO and TM025F1. The next one is of the HDS 6.5" with pplug (850467) and morel MDT30s. These last ones dont have an xover and are awaiting one. I have used them obviously with an xover and they sound good!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speakers.jpg (28.2 KB, 243 views)
Old 23rd January 2004, 06:57 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Mains

Now for the main speakers that I listen to! OK the tweeter is a SS d2905/95 (im considering replacing with 97's), the mid is the fabulous SEAS excel w15cy001 im very happy with this driver and am not about to replace it. The bass is a peerless 850146 10" in a sealed 66L cabinet. Its gonna be replaced with Peerless 10"XLS when the arrive, complete with new cabinet and EQ. These are atm crossed at 150hz and 2000hz all 4th order linkwitz. The 150 stays the same, but the upeer xover is a work in progress as I like to fiddle! As can be seen in the active xover pics above its full of trimpots!!! completely adjustable. All I can say is that they sound brilliant, but we all want better! My source is a computer playing uncompressed wavs, atm im listening to Clare Teal just got it today very nice recording. Anyway I hope you all like and if you have any questions dont hesistate to ask! Oh the 80watts drive the tweets and mids the 200 is on the bass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main speak.jpg (41.5 KB, 234 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!