About free sample at Onsemi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Then go buy them....the samples program is not made to sponsor your private hobby projects that you dont feel like paying for!!!!

If you abuse the samples program like that, in a short while it will be shut down, and then we cant get the parts through the samples program that we cant get elsewhere......a very bad situation.

I don't know about the specifics of this particular case, but the reason some have requested samples is that some parts are available only as samples or in very large quantities such as a commitment for 1000/month for 6 months!

While I have not obtained transistors as "samples", a year or so ago I was trying to replace a switch in an old piece of equipment. It was only obtainible in large quantities ditect from the factory. I called them to request the name of a distributor that might help. That's when I found out that was not a possability. I explained why I needed two switches and the marketing guy offered to send them to me as samples as there was no way the "system" could deal with an order of 2.

Thats pretty much what i meant....its a very nice last resort in such cases.

The problem is that obviously a lot of people have got the impression that the samples programs are made for them to build their hobby electronics for free, or even worse....to offer the aquired samples for sale on ebay or the like.

Cheers

Magura

Re: can you imagine...

uvodee said:

The only place you can get them is on line with Digi key, mouser etc.... or as samples .......

J-P.

Its the same situation most places in the world. That dosnt give people the right to rip off the manufacturers!!

As you stated yourself....you can buy the chip. It should be common sense that it should be bought then.

Magura

I never said

that I would try to get the chip as sample...

by the way, one can by the chip almost cheaper than free samples (for 2 pieces NS charges 8 dollars shipping andhandling. I can buy the chip from surplus (yes the Lm 3875T) from s surplus dealer for $4.50 and they ship much faster!!!!!!!!!!t

However.... you should realize that for these co's sending me 2, 3 or even 10 of these chips is a pure waste of time and probably run's the the $100 all together.......
1) order intake
2) order processing
3)invoicing
4) shipping
5) follow up
6)running the website and over head costs

for an order of $25... their cost is probably 4 times as much!
pretty much the same as you go to a grocery, the receipt costs run likeley in the $tens........

J-P

Re: I never said

uvodee said:
that I would try to get the chip as sample...

by the way, one can by the chip almost cheaper than free samples (for 2 pieces NS charges 8 dollars shipping andhandling. I can buy the chip from surplus (yes the Lm 3875T) from s surplus dealer for $4.50 and they ship much faster!!!!!!!!!!t

J-P

Dont get me wrong....this isnt aimed at you as a person, but at a load of people on this forum. This subject have been up a few times before. Hence the very square attitude.

I know perfectly well that its waste in any aspect to order anything as samples for all parts involved, if it isnt because you cant get the parts othervise. When i have ordered samples for buisness use its been a true pain, cause ist such a slow process in most cases. Not to mention companies that offers samples, but mess up somewhere on the way, so you end up with the wrong component or none at all......i have a few companies on the "black list" for such incidents.

All said, i usually choose ON for buisness use, since they offer the absolute best service on the market, and they are usually competitive in price matters.

Cheers

Magura

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.