About free sample at Onsemi - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2004, 01:16 PM   #1
MaXiZ is offline MaXiZ  Italy
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaXiZ
Default About free sample at Onsemi

Is there a way to order free sample at onsemi without have a credit card? Consider that i'm from italy!
Old 23rd January 2004, 01:20 PM   #2
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

What is it you need from ON semi??

Magura
Old 23rd January 2004, 01:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

some power audio amplifier chips
Old 23rd January 2004, 01:32 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Then go buy them....the samples program is not made to sponsor your private hobby projects that you dont feel like paying for!!!!

If you abuse the samples program like that, in a short while it will be shut down, and then we cant get the parts through the samples program that we cant get elsewhere......a very bad situation.
Old 23rd January 2004, 01:35 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

And btw, if you had searched (as you ticked off on the start a new thread page) , youd find another couple of threads with the same question and the same answer.

MAgura
Old 23rd January 2004, 02:04 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

u're right but i still have the same problem if i would like to BUY them becouse i need a credit card. And i don't own one?? Some other way to have them anyway?
Old 23rd January 2004, 02:11 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Find someone who does hold a creditcard....if youre under 18, youre gonna find it hard to get around without your parents helping you with purchasing.

Magura
Old 23rd January 2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Duo is offline Duo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duo
Magura: Who is this "we"? Are you a hobbyist? or do you work for a business that needs these parts?
Old 24th January 2004, 03:47 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

We was meant as in the hobby world....but I need the samples in both matters myself sometimes. In my case i use the program for getting the component prototypes.....those simply cant be bought.

Magura
Old 24th January 2004, 04:11 PM   #10
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't know about the specifics of this particular case, but the reason some have requested samples is that some parts are available only as samples or in very large quantities such as a commitment for 1000/month for 6 months!

While I have not obtained transistors as "samples", a year or so ago I was trying to replace a switch in an old piece of equipment. It was only obtainible in large quantities ditect from the factory. I called them to request the name of a distributor that might help. That's when I found out that was not a possability. I explained why I needed two switches and the marketing guy offered to send them to me as samples as there was no way the "system" could deal with an order of 2.

Hide this!Advertise here!