Audio Zone Room Attacked By Giant Squid! Film at 11!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why oh why, Peter? :confused:

I don't get it.

You've designed some of the most wonderfully exquisite, miniature audio components I've ever seen.

Who the hell's idea was it to make such a complete and utter mockery of such an otherwise beautiful aesthetic by shoving those donkey dick-sized power cords into them?

Whomever it was, I'd do a deep background check on them and make sure they're not a 47 Labs mole.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

se

Well, I wasn't there at the Show, but from what I hear the synergy between speakers, amps and CD player (and of course cables) was increadible and the whole system sounded great.

The cables are fron Dynamic Design (based in Chicago) and quite expensive. What you see there in a picture was $4k worth of cables. The speakers used were Reference 3A, Virtuoso.

But looking at the pics, I wish I made AC connections on the other side;)

Peter Daniel said:
Well, I wasn't there at the Show, but from what I hear the synergy between speakers, amps and CD player (and of course cables) was increadible and the whole system sounded great.

Great.

Though I bet you could achieve the same or better with something that doesn't end up looking like some bizarre technophilic Tijuana peep show. :)

Don't discount the power of first impressions. I know you generally don't or else you'd just be stuffing electronics into nondescript black boxes.

I put the challenge to you to before the next show, come up with a power cord which will give equal or better performance than those... things, but which is more befitting the aesthetics of your designs.

The cables are fron Dynamic Design (based in Chicago) and quite expensive. What you see there in a picture was $4k worth of cables.

Oh, well if it's the expense that makes them so good, then just get some cheapie power cords and slap one of my Audiophile Pricetags on 'em! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It's no wonder they're so expensive. The designer must have spent a considerable amount of time coming up silly acronyms for everything.

To begin with, all cables use what Olu calls Remote Control Multi-Layer™ (RCML™) dual-purpose jackets. These jackets help to dampen and protect the cable assembly. He also uses Unitized Multi-Layer Shielding™ (UMLS™) for its low impedance transfer characteristics, high reflectivity, and absorption of unwanted wide bandwidth noise. The conductors he uses are called High Purity Bi-Metal™ (HPBM™) and Ultra-High Purity Bi-Metal™ (UHPBM™) for ultra-low resistance and uniform conductivity across all frequencies. His Multi-Layered Insulation System™ (MLIS™) offers high propagation velocity speeds as a result of extremely low dielectric constants and very low energy storage.

:bigeyes:

Sorry.

Haven't had much sunshine here lately and I'm a bit more cynical than usual. :)

se

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Tolja Toldja toldya, Yup, some people like to look at their amps.
That's why I suggested that you put the inputs, outputs, and power on one of the long sides. That way they can still each come in right next to where they need to go. Then the other long side becomes the front of the amp. You can still have the cone foot and the tee rod foot. might look better if the rod foot were round instead of square in section though. Also it could extend moreto the new back and less to the front. Yes, I know that the sound may be affcted but..... might even sound better.
:smash:
:dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.