Free SPICE simulator..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ARRRGGG!

Pay attention folks we have been through this about five times....

3 best free Spice programs

PSpice
Intusoft
MicroCap

Spice models

http://power.teipat.gr/download/OrC...Capture/PSPICE/

Crank up your search engine www.altavista.com or www.google.com and download one or all of these programs.
Play with the models that come with the programs. Learn to use the parts editor with these programs and edit part based on models supplied above. This is stating to remind me of the Mark Twain joke about the weather. To paraphase, Everyone talks about Spice but no one does anything about it (or with it in this case.) I would LOVE to see some real questions on circuit modeling but you guys are going to have to do a little work to get up to speed.
I (and others) would like to get some disscusions going on modeling actual audio circuits but we can't seem to get past square one......

H.H.

sorry HarryHaller....I didn't wanna enoy you... thanks for the links..

like I said:

"Yep .. those can be downlaoaded in dozens but..." etc ..

It just looked nice and maybe my suggestion could help someone...

PS .. I a fulltime weekend-Pspice-modeler .. but being a biologist from origin .. I do have a little catching up to do ... allthough:

Nice story:
I improved S/N ratio of our lineair-optocoupler yesterday evening by 22dB !!! So much for 'proffesional' electronics department of our Lab :mad:

H.H.

Please try to be patient with all us simple folks.

A reply along the lines "seen that, done that etc." is no benefit to any of us.

Maybe you could answer, my previous question:
Is there a model maker util with any of these programs.

btw I've been using Pspice, Simetrix, Microcap for over 5 years with mixed results.

If you like to start a thread on actual circuit modelling, feel free.

Spice is Nice

I was just being my lovable self.... Actually I am delighted to help get the "Spice Guys" band together. I vote we make sonnya the lead singer! I need to play with a couple of the other programs as I lost my $2500 intusoft when I got laid off! I will be nicer since it sounds like you could offer me as much as advice as I can offer you on Pspice. Way to go on the S/N. To let you in on a secret, I learn most of my really cool circuit stuff playing with audio stuff despite my EE. For your EE types at work, be sure to "Rub thier noses in it" as we say over here. When I was in the audio biz I had a Biology major and former landscaper distributing my audio products and an EE major who designs audio doing my landscaping. Too strange to make this one up. The world is a disorganized place.

H.H.

http://www.geocities.com/sonnya5000/

When I was in the audio biz I had a Biology major and former landscaper distributing my audio products and an EE major who designs audio doing my landscaping. Too strange to make this one up. The world is a disorganized place.

This world is a prison planet and all the hard-to-educate minds from other worlds are sent to here .... to see whether they can get along with each other ... or for sheer entertainment ... like Christians and lions ....

ROTLFMAO :)

Spice is Nice

mrfeedback

No! What am I, your mother!? Do some work. I have hand held you lazy people long enough...... I like intusoft cause I had it at work and they have a $500 version with models a go go. I think the demo Microcap does the largest circuits for free ware. Pspice is the industry standard and has lots of models at semi vendors website. Now you are confused as I am, Happy?

NEXT......!

H.H.

rtirion said:
H.H.

Please try to be patient with all us simple folks.

A reply along the lines "seen that, done that etc." is no benefit to any of us.

Maybe you could answer, my previous question:
Is there a model maker util with any of these programs.

btw I've been using Pspice, Simetrix, Microcap for over 5 years with mixed results.

If you like to start a thread on actual circuit modelling, feel free.

I have been looking around a bit some weeks ago.

Try
www.winspice.com

They have two manuals. A tutorial and a user manuel wich i think descripes (p or b?) the models a good way.

Take a look at them.

for a spice simulator :

Switchercad do not have a limitation the same way as the free demos.

Good things :
1)
a resistor is not a resistor, but a model with inductance drift and so on. The same apply to the Caps and Coils. It is made for SMPS simulation.
2) Fast.

Bad things :

1)No markers.
2)default modes sucks.. Need to be setup each time you start (i have not been able to store my settings).
3)FFT need to be done the right way to get a good resolution.

Now on to :
I was just being my lovable self.... Actually I am delighted to help get the "Spice Guys" band together. I vote we make sonnya the lead singer!

It could be nice with some kind of forum on this... But me as a "lead singer"... NO WAY .. Many of you are a lot better than me...

Sonnya

Spice is nice and I'm not

Sonnya, have you seen a movie where the Boss, Major, or Warden says to a line of guys, "We need a volunteer to step forward"? All the guys in line step backwards except for one poor guy that wasn't bothering anybody but wasn't paying attention. I am not that guy. I was the first one to jump back! I like to help with specific questions by motivated people that have made some effort. This site has a search engine! I have given two search engines URLs. The questions that keep coming up have been answered several times on this forum already. I have posted links to Spice sites several times. DIY stands for do it yourself audio. I know a very talented guy who could really contribute but calls this forum " Get someone to do it for you Audio.Com and won't contribute because of the laziness of many of the posters. There is some great stuff on here that I have found nowhere else. Nelson Pass should be given an award for all he has done. I would like to keep it at that level and not handhold the lazy. For the guilty out there: (absolutely not sonnya who is a prince) I say, I will try to be nicer if you will try to be smarter! I will sit back and let the fur fly now.......

H.H.

hahahaha!!

I can imagine what it looks like...uuhhmhmm what happens??... You my son has just got a ticket to the kitchen... We are proud of you my son ... yeahh,yeahh (From the background with female voice)

"DIY stands for do it yourself audio." ...ohh i did'nt know!?!?!?

Back to your "Temper".. Believe me i have the same problem....

For the thing about laziness... in the forum called www.avrfreaks.com .. For the people who only wan't to receive it is a hard site to be on.
No one likes to continue give but never get a gift.

Maybe a subject to discuss!? sadly..

Sonny

Pspice Student any good?

I recently downloaded the free Pspice Student V 9.1 and I have only used it as a scribble pad for drawing a few simple schematics. Is it any good for doing the sort of simulations people talk about here? I know zilch about this aspect of electronics.

GP.

Special feature in SwCADIII

SwCAD III has a special feature that makes it particularly interesting for audio- it can read/write voltages and currents out/in to .wav files.

For those who don't grasp the implications of that, it means you can generate audio signals like tones, sweeps, warbles, noise and anything else you might want to try. You can also apply audio signals to circuits in the simulator and output the simulation result to a .wav file.

For those who still don't get it, .wav files are the standard computer format for CD audio files. You can save signals in 16 bit, 44.1ksps stereo format and burn the test tones, warbles, sweeps, noise, etc. to CDRs and play them back in any CD player.

I have attached a schematic file from SwCADIII that is a simple demo of .wav output. Change the extension on the file name from .txt to .asc then run it in SwCADIII. Listen to the output file...

MR

Attachments

• draft1.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 63
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.