Speaker magnet recharger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ZM, a magnetizer is simple to make albeit potentially dangerous.

The http://www.oersted.com/magnetizing.PDF paper is clear enough on the general concept and formulas with Fig. 13, 14 and 15 for basic circuit description. A quick look to audioheritage.org Loudspeaker magnets magnetizing fixture thread post #8, #9 and #11 should clarify on how the circuit can be implemented in practice. I believe sufficiently useful information can be easily deduced from posted pics. For stronger version, the use of water cooled insulated copper tubing for magnetizing coil can be considered.

However, please do more research with emphasis on safety use of the magnetizer. I'd regret posting this if anybody got hurt or injured.

Yes, I believe you can handle the high voltages involved, but references I cited showed nothing on proper precaution, mechanical fixing jig, tooling nor handling. There are reports on flying magnets during magnetization process. Or you may end up with a strong magnet very strongly attached to the bed . . . :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.