AV Preamp advice... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2004, 03:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to eRiCdWoNg
Default AV Preamp advice...

....havent been in the HT /home audio circuit for a while now. But I was looking at a good switchbox setup that can handle a slew of S video (dvd, sat. dish, game systems) as well as coaxial and optical digital audio. I first thought about this product from Radio Shack that looks like itll do just that and is remote controlled, but at $100 I looked into other options...

So I came across the older Sony ES series. Theres the TAE1000 ESD which looks like itll do the job for what I need. I dont have a surround setup (yet) and might down the road but for now just a 2 ch AV preamp should do. They average around $100 or so on ebay so it looks like itll be perfect. Theres also the TAE2000 but thats a little more expensive, and if im not mistaken its the Dolby Digital model. theres also the older TAE-77EDS but its older and has no surround at all....

The most current model is the 9000 model I really want that one but at several hundred dollars its out of the question right now (not to mention I gotta buy more amps and speakers).

Any other products out there?

Hide this!Advertise here!