AV Preamp advice...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
....havent been in the HT /home audio circuit for a while now. But I was looking at a good switchbox setup that can handle a slew of S video (dvd, sat. dish, game systems) as well as coaxial and optical digital audio. I first thought about this product from Radio Shack that looks like itll do just that and is remote controlled, but at $100 I looked into other options...

So I came across the older Sony ES series. Theres the TAE1000 ESD which looks like itll do the job for what I need. I dont have a surround setup (yet) and might down the road but for now just a 2 ch AV preamp should do. They average around $100 or so on ebay so it looks like itll be perfect. Theres also the TAE2000 but thats a little more expensive, and if im not mistaken its the Dolby Digital model. theres also the older TAE-77EDS but its older and has no surround at all....

The most current model is the 9000 model I really want that one but at several hundred dollars its out of the question right now (not to mention I gotta buy more amps and speakers).

Any other products out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.