Can anyone identify these speakers? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2014, 10:46 PM   #1
Illusus is offline Illusus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Can anyone identify these speakers?

These speakers popped up on kijiji, I'm very curious about them. The lenses have especially piqued my curiosity. I'm trying to set up an appointment to see them but no reply yet. Can anyone fill me in?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_20.JPG (40.7 KB, 89 views)
Old 7th May 2014, 10:48 PM   #2
Illusus is offline Illusus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Here is a sharpened image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sharper image.jpg (177.3 KB, 90 views)
Old 2nd June 2014, 06:51 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

cannot say that I recognize them but I have a pair of JBL L200B which have acoustical lenses not totally unlike those in your picture. They (the JBL lens) work well as far as dispersion goes but they (imo) screw up the stage and image. I much prefer the speaker without the lens. Just something I noticed which might not prove anything but when I first got the JBL's I did a lot of searching on them and found a lot of pictures and guess what? Most that I found were with the lenses removed. I thought that was odd until I removed them to listen to the trumpet horns which sound wonderful with the LE85 drivers, magical drivers. Simply my two cents compounded with the fact that those JBL lenses soon went away and were not seen munch again. That tells a story. The aspect ratio of the lens shown is troubling you usually see such ratios with smith horns. Good luck with your mystery speaker it looks nice though do have fun. Best regards Moray James.

Hide this!Advertise here!