DVD-Audio/SACD subwoofer help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, I tried searching here.. I googled myself to death.. I give up. I need help!

I picked up a Pioneer DV-563A for $249 Canadian in an attempt to try out the high-rez formats without potentially wasting big bucks. I have it connected to my tried and true Marantz SR6200 receiver through both toslink and analog connections. I understand the fact that DVD-A and SACD signals can only be transmitted via the analog connections.

Using the 7 channel direct input I get the 5 in 5.1 no problem, but the .1 is missing. I find if I connect the subwoofers directly to the .1 output of the DVD player there is tons of bass. It seems to get lost in the receiver.

The owners manual for either component is no help.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
Do you know of a contact email or toll-free number for Marantz tech support? (More stuff I couldn't find!)

I don't like the idea of feeding the subs directly, after all I like to be able to adjust the volume consistently!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.