amp shutting off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my first post so i want to ask. im proficient at searching just dont have time right now and would like to see how this forum is

anyway got a jensen 100 watt rms amp.. it runs for a while and shuts off.. i can run at low volume for a long time but when i push it ,it shuts off in a few 20 seconds.. then if i keep pushing it it shuts off faster and faster till it just wont come off protection...if i let it sit a few days i can repeat the process.. is there a way to fix this even if it means risking the amp? dont care about it much but it does actually sound good

thanks

If it shuts off faster and faster if you repeately try to turn it of, I think it could have something to do with temperature protection circuit..... ? Does it feel warm on the outside?? If not, then take off the cover, and do as you have done until now... When the amp won't turn on anymore, then disconnect the main plug and feel carefully inside the anp to see if there is a hot spot...

Its an overload protection. (I had a kenwood that
constantly did that, I dumped it at the nearest
pawn shop)

You see, they make audio equipment so cheap
(Not inexpensive, the other cheap) that many
amplifiers, and, receivers are 8 ohm minimum.
So if you hook up two pairs of 8 ohm speakers
on each channel..............Click Click Click Click :mad:

The next symptom is when the amplifier reaches
its maximum output........ Click Click Click Click :mad:

In the Case of the Kenwood, I had, it fell under
both catergories, only, if you exceeded the maximum
output.......... Click, shut off the power, and, power
up again :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Pick your poison :dead: If your amp falls under any
of the catergories I mentioned, get the hammer and
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :devilr:

Why would you want to sell someone else crap? Would you sell this crap to a friend or a stranger? I guess maybe I care more about my name than you do yours.

Hate to break it to you, but Id say 99% of everyhing in this world is rubbish in some way or another. Garbage in garbage out etc. In audio as everything else, you get the performance you pay for.

I think you just got the wrong idea here, no one said anyhting about ripping someone off. Ive traded many an old amplifier or piece of gear in the past. Im sure someone benefited from it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.