free sample

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If onsemi havnt stated anywhere prior to the order that you have to pay shipping, ask them where its stated on your bill. If they cant provide you with a copy of a bill that you have recieved prior to the claim stating shipping tax applies, or that they can point out its stated othervise....id simply send them a fax telling them that they are not entitled to the amount, and that the bill will be ignored if they dont prove you mistaken.

Magura

All said.....dont get me wrong, if people order samples for their private use, i think its reasonable to pay at least shipping. If people order samples for their private use and expect to build anything for free, it will kill the sample system, and id personally be sad to see that happen.

I believe this topic have been up on this forum before, and the conclusion back then was that samples for private use is not acceptable, unless there is no way to buy the ithems(pre runs or the like).

It happens quite rare that either of the syndicate(farnell, rs components, etc.) cant supply a specific part.

Magura

I tried it with NS for some LM3875's

it went like this
(some 6 weeks ago)
on their website I went to the sample section after filling out some docs, it directed me to some dealers and at the end is came out more expensive than buying them from a surplus outlet, and there was hardly any difference buying them from digi etc.. in regular sale.

That was that as far as 'free' was concerned, and I thought that when i came here, about 4 years ago, that this was the land of 'the free' ???!!!!

Jean-Pierre

What type of delivery do those companies use who charge you
for postage? I think AD use (or used to use) quite expensive
courier mail, which is excellent service, but overkill for DIYers,
especially if they have to pay themselves. If I order samples
and have to pay postage, I would at least want the option to
get them by ordinary air mail to cut the cost. I don't really
want to pay $100 for delivery for a few cheap op amps, even
if I have no option of buying them somewhere.

It is also somewhat irritating that AD, for instance, does have
a webshop for ordering directly from them (ie. buying, not
getting samples), but it requires you to have a VAT registration
number. For other customers they refer to a number of local
companies, none of which seems to even stock any AD products.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.