Highly recommended isolation pads for £1!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I use these sponge erasers for valeting cars and thought they would make great pads to isolate my hi fi separates from my wooden shelf's.

Autoglym Magic Sponge (single) - Elite Car Care

Iv'e not used anything else before but couldn't believe the improvements when simply placing them under the feet of my AV Amplifier. So I placed them under my CD Player and even Playstation3 and even better improvements. Their a very dense foam yet still spongy.

The Auto Glym ones are better quality but a lot more expensive, I use ones from the pound shop like these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/duzzit-spon...eraser&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:duzzit sponge eraser.

You can buy bigger pads for under speakers or speaker stands too. I think Flash are advertising them on TV in the UK atm, their purpose is the clean wax of painted walls, cleaning leather trainers, clean scuff marks off vehicles interior plastics which they do very well.

Try them for a pound its worth a go. You could even glue bitumen to them to prevent resonance.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.