Where should I upgrade next

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got speakers covered. Now I have a few bucks to spend on components. I currently have a Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver doing all the surround and 2 channel duty, with a crappy Sony Blu Ray player. Should I:

1. I can purchase a Decent 7 channel Amp used right now for about $650 with separate pre amp. Or just use the Yamaha as the pre-amp.

Or..

2. Buy a Oppo Blu-Ray player with all the buzzes and whistles (like SACD) for $599.

Like to know peoples thoughts. Need some input today if possible because I'm looking to buy tonight.

Thanks all.

/Tom

I guess that would depend of what is most important to you .

Personally, I recently got a better (NAD) CD player. (yes they are some great CDs out there in addition to vinyl which I also have )

Now, I got mt eye/ears on better headphones and an o2 heaad phone amp. :)

Yes, I think I'm going with the Oppo.

If anyone is interested, there's a guy selling an Outlaw 7 channel Amp, and processor online for $650.. It's a steal at that price. Wish I had the $ to buy both right now! 200W per channel.
It's on a site that rhymes with weTAY. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.