My Part diy freesat HD box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi

Jamesfeline again, in our household we had a few Bush free-sat HD boxes that has failed .. while they where working they where great with good picture quality in SD and HD.

I investigated further and all 3 of them had failed PSU modules, also when working the chip-sets got really hot to touch. So I decided (a rainy day project) to place the Bare PCB in one of my jamesfeline enclosures, as I like every thing that I make to match. I made a high quality linear 12v power supply and put heat sinks on the chip-sets. Now all 3 failed units work .. I am pleased about this as the units are being used in the kitchen and bedrooms ..

constructive feedback only please .. I have used rubber grommets on the chassis and the unit is double insulated as well.

regards

Nick

Last edited:
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Jamesfeline again

also just to say that the unit is operated 100% via the remote handset

regards

just a quick message to the moderators could you please move to the solidsate section for me? or is this something I can do myself?

regards

Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.