naim av2 rs232 codes - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Fob is offline Fob  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Default naim av2 rs232 codes

Hello,
I am searching the NAIM AV2 processor rs232 codes to help a friend of mine.
As i know the dealer tries to help was not successful.
The issue is lost of some outputs (rear speakers) and commands.
I think (google thinks) the document name is :

PI501001-403_Issue_01_AV2_RS232_Control.pdf

I opened the cover, ok, but i have no remote to change the Midnight mode.
Beside it is more comfortably to change whatever by sending serial commands from my pc instead of clicking two buttons as ...anyway

I wrote a letter to Naim, but they seems to be busy to deal with old products. I had no response.

I am grateful in advance.
Old 19th December 2013, 01:00 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I got answer from NAIM, i am impressed from them.
It is good to see how someone still make electronics with spirit.

If i am breaking any rules of the forum, please delete my post.

Regards
Old 22nd December 2013, 12:27 AM   #3
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

If you don't have the proper infrared remote control, Logitech's Harmony 200 universal remote could be programmed to work with just about anything (USB cable and a web interface). It was less than $20 on sale when I got mine last year, but they seem to have been discontinued. Maybe there's still a few out there... it's a heck of a deal for a true universal and programmable remote. I paid 3 times that for a Radio Shack remote that needed a custom cable and spreadsheets to add new devices (and I never did... too much hassle).
Old 22nd December 2013, 06:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks, i will take in mind.
Discontinued audio device programmed through discontinued XP with real RS232 (discontinued of course) and controlled by discontinued remote ... It seems that everything working well must be stopped immediately - discontinued ! Anyway, this is another thread.
I have to mention that sending rs232 codes to NAIM devise is not so easy. They want specific delays between some characters, i wrote simple program (QBasic was fastest way for me) to check the device.
Everything seems ok now, but i have to disassemble all device first to tighten 2 screws on Flextronics DSP fitted inside , after the barbaric intervention by an authorized service ...

Last edited by Fob; 22nd December 2013 at 07:08 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!