naim av2 rs232 codes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am searching the NAIM AV2 processor rs232 codes to help a friend of mine.
As i know the dealer tries to help was not successful.
The issue is lost of some outputs (rear speakers) and commands.
I think (google thinks) the document name is :

PI501001-403_Issue_01_AV2_RS232_Control.pdf

I opened the cover, ok, but i have no remote to change the Midnight mode.
Beside it is more comfortably to change whatever by sending serial commands from my pc instead of clicking two buttons as ...anyway :)

I wrote a letter to Naim, but they seems to be busy to deal with old products. I had no response.

I am grateful in advance.

If you don't have the proper infrared remote control, Logitech's Harmony 200 universal remote could be programmed to work with just about anything (USB cable and a web interface). It was less than $20 on sale when I got mine last year, but they seem to have been discontinued. Maybe there's still a few out there... it's a heck of a deal for a true universal and programmable remote. I paid 3 times that for a Radio Shack remote that needed a custom cable and spreadsheets to add new devices (and I never did... too much hassle).

Thanks, i will take in mind.
Discontinued audio device programmed through discontinued XP with real RS232 (discontinued of course) and controlled by discontinued remote ... It seems that everything working well must be stopped immediately - discontinued ! Anyway, this is another thread.
I have to mention that sending rs232 codes to NAIM devise is not so easy. They want specific delays between some characters, i wrote simple program (QBasic was fastest way for me) to check the device.
Everything seems ok now, but i have to disassemble all device first to tighten 2 screws on Flextronics DSP fitted inside , after the barbaric intervention by an authorized service ...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.