Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• I can not decide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In addition to Mooly's thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ever...tout-where-you-get-decide-30.html#post3703088

How to vote in this new threadCLICK HERE

I am opening a new thread where you can vote for your sound preferences. I have prepared 2 sound files in a very high quality, 48kHz/24bit, uncompressed, with level matched within 0.01 dB. The poll will be added soon. Please do not post any comments on sound quality and preferences here, just vote which sound file you prefer (or no difference heard), after the poll is available. Any technical details will be posted no sooner than the poll is closed. I can only disclose that the difference in HW used is not small.

Edit: for the reason that the poll is over, the links have been deleted.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
How to vote.

To vote please click my user name (Mooly) and send me a pm indicating your choice.

The poll is hidden so that no one is influenced by seeing how others are voting.

There are three choices.

Blue
Green
I can not decide

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I haven't changed anything else but the start of the files.

For people who do not know about foobar ABX, this video is very handy.
ABX Audio Testing with foobar2000 - YouTube

I think we should try and keep the test simple and just base it on listening tests :)

If there are no objections from anyone that has so far posted then I can tidy this thread up.

That IS a listening test. Before you can decide preference, first step is to find out if you can hear any difference.

For me, if I can't hear any difference then I will not vote.

But where 's that qualification process? I just see Blue and Green.

There's less psychological entertainment aspect here as compared to the previous poll. Why would anyone get excited and do the test and send the vote???

Some information may be needed, such as "This will be fun!! We are comparing 4558 with 4560!!!" :headshot:

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
For me, if I can't hear any difference then I will not vote.

But where 's that qualification process? I just see Blue and Green.

There's less psychological entertainment aspect here as compared to the previous poll. Why would anyone get excited and do the test and send the vote???

Some information may be needed, such as "This will be fun!! We are comparing 4558 with 4560!!!" :headshot:

Yes vote :) Its a valid option.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.