My nominee for best guerilla marketing..../Ha Ha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do those auctions end up being a free way to boost your feedback rating? It's a little suspicious, but might be purely for humor. I was once scammed by a seller who accumulated feedback selling small <$5 items before posting a frenzy of auctions for products with values in the hundreds and thousands.

I am sorry for those who cannot read German but anyway you can get the idea
Better for those not understanding.

Do those auctions end up being a free way to boost your feedback rating? It's a little suspicious, but might be purely for humor. I was once scammed by a seller who accumulated feedback selling small <$5 items before posting a frenzy of auctions for products with values in the hundreds and thousands.
If somebody bid on it it`s not free - he has to pay sales fee.
It`s not purely for humor - it`s just a kind of clever advertising - and besides this is really funny.
BTW: The "seller", Steve, is a member of this board (member name is 7V)

If somebody bid on it it`s not free - he has to pay sales fee.

He must've been paying a lot to post his humor on eBay then. Otherwise he can negate the transaction through eBay Sellers Tools and not have to pay the fee.

It`s not purely for humor - it`s just a kind of clever advertising - and besides this is really funny.

It is interesting, like the hands-free cellphone holder/rubberband. But I'm sure I've seen this on eBay over a year ago.

he closes the auction early... and sends out an emails... lol

"Hi Guys

Thank you very much for bidding on this item. Unfortunately, I was taking it out of its cabinet (not included) ready to dispatch it to the lucky winner, when I dropped it. Try as I might I can't find it so it looks as if I will have to end this auction early. I hope that you're not too disappointed. I guess that's what can happens when you try to sell invisible items.

Also, when I auctioned this crossover in the UK, bids reached £10 million. I realize that you've probably not quite as crazy on your side of the pond but if two of my competitors made very high last minute bids (say $10 million again), the commissions I would have to pay eBay could be horrendous.

Thanks for participating.
Best regards and seasonal greetings
Steve"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.