Question about shiping to Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am about to ship a pair of used drivers to Canada. Weight about 30lbs and I will list them ad gift used speakers value $24. I would use USPS parcel post but it is no longer available for foreign shipments. And the last time I used UPS they tacked on an outragious ( customs broakerage fee )
there was no actual customs duty just fee to act as a customs broaker that was not neded anyway. Anyone have any recent experience with this?

So USPS no longer has International "parcel post." Did you ask the people at the post office for alternatives? Today they have a number of "priority mail" options, including the flat rate boxes. Go to the post office and do a face to face with them.

I just sent a guitar effects pedal to someone through the USPS, and I used priority mail, never even thought about parcel post. My mental image of parcel post is that it took a month and got there all beat up.

I am about to ship a pair of used drivers to Canada. Weight about 30lbs and I will list them ad gift used speakers value $24. I would use USPS parcel post but it is no longer available for foreign shipments. And the last time I used UPS they tacked on an outragious ( customs broakerage fee )
there was no actual customs duty just fee to act as a customs broaker that was not neded anyway. Anyone have any recent experience with this?

Did you try Fedex or DHL?

Ian

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Your kind of stuck with USPS priority mail. 1st class mail limits only up to
4 lbs, but overseas and across borders really saves money.
As stated above if you can fit in a USPS Flat Rate box that would be the
way to go.
UPS, FedEx has really high brokerage fees whereas DHL adds it into the cost
and is expensive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.