transister

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If your using a digital meter on diode range then the NPN will read when the red lead is on the base and the black is on either emitter or collector. The PNP is the opposite, black lead on the base and red to C or E.

The meter reading (if on diode range) shows the volt drop across the junction such as 0.637

If your using a digital meter on diode range then the NPN will read when the red lead is on the base and the black is on either emitter or collector. The PNP is the opposite, black lead on the base and red to C or E.

The meter reading (if on diode range) shows the volt drop across the junction such as 0.637

Hi. The main question I have is are these 2 transisters the same thing? Yes they are 2sa1943 and 2sa5200. thanks

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I think I see where your confusion is coming from.

The data sheets for each transistor mentions the other device.

The 2SC2500 which is NPN is the complement to the 2SA1943.

They are not the same, one is the "opposite" of the other. The NPN device must have the collector positive with respect to the emitter, the PNP device has the emitter positive with respect to the collector. You would use these to make a push-pull amplifier output stage.

If you look at the data sheet the 2SA device as a negative sign in front of all the specs.

Attachments

• 2SA1943.JPG
    2SA1943.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 2SC5200.JPG
    2SC5200.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.