Moderators: MODERATE !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: MODERATE !!

That's what you're here for. That's your 'job description'. This site (especially the chip amp forum) is starting to look like the dutch 'poldermodel'. Everybody messes with politics and nothing ever happens.

Just do what you're supposed to do. In the last few weeks I have seen few non-jacked threads, most of them being hijacked by a small number of people that think they're WAY cool and seem to think they're king of the world, which, btw, they are not.

As a relative newbie to diy audio I have started a number of threads asking questions on stuff that I did not understand hoping to get answers and explanations. Whereas I did recieve SOME useful tips hints & tricks, most of the replies I received and most of the replies I saw in other fora & threads seem not to be intended to help the people starting a thread/asking interesting questions. More over, they seem to be meant to illustrate the superiority of the replier. OR, somebody replies to the previous replie trying to show HIS superiority. Etcetera etc etc...

Which, in a lot of cases pretty much failes. It failes to impress me anyways.

May i humbly suggest the moderators to be a little more strict
To maybe intervene a little earlier?
To just moderate ?

Just spreading my frustrations (if any!?) here.. Sometimes itss just a little too much. Like tonight. Sorry, whatever.

Matthieu

matjans said:
Everybody messes with politics and nothing ever happens.

So what would you suggest to improve the action? An incentive program?

The current policy is to interfere as little as possible. If there is something you don't like, send us a note and we'll see what we can do.

You should be aware that the members create forum, not the moderators. If you see very little non-jacked threads, it's because of the members (and not moderators) or maybe this whole GC thing is wearing off and people look for excitement somewhere else?

Personally, I didn't see anything that had required immediate MODERATING action recently. You sure you are not overreacting?

Meh. Thread drift is a universal property of the internet. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, perhaps counting how many posts (or in the case of Usenet, levels of posts) it takes for the thread to turn.. ;)

(My personally observed record is something like 5 posts on rec.crafts.metalworking.. don't remember the two subjects though. Wasn't one of Gunner's OT posts!)

Tim

hello all,

Yesterday, Murphy's Law just kicked in. I got up, banged my head to the ceiling. Stepped on my bed-ladder. It broke. I fell on my table, spilt half a cup of coffee that was still there from yesterday on my bright white couch. (serious). The bathroom was taken by a housemate (and his girlfriend) so I couldn't waswh it out directly. An hour later it was still taken so i opened the lock, walked in (to find the two in a most interesting position), washed the cushions and got out again. (After which the bathroom was taken another hour or so). The stain's still there.

My bike had a flat tyre, I ran into several people I *really* don't like, my netfilter blew up (which wasn't even my fault), the cat spilt a glass of lemonade on it.

Thic continued pretty much the whole day so you guys can probably guess the mood i was in. Yes, i was extremely agitated and my first post *may have been influenced* but only slightly, of course ;)

In other words, my day REALLY sucked and i took it out on you. Ha. Sorry.

Anyways, I do mean part of my first post. I think you guys can intervene somewhat earlier than you do now, especially when people start to insult others or go like yes-no-yes-no-YES-NO- YEEES-NOOO.

Just my opinion, keep up the good work and close this thread for my part.

M.

The Arrow of Time

matjans said:
Yesterday, Murphy's Law just kicked in. I got up, banged my head to the ceiling...
...the two in a most interesting position...
...I ran into several people I *really* don't like...
In other words, my day REALLY sucked...

This is how you know that time isn't going backwards. Things don't put themselves together, things tend to fall apart.

"the universe progresses from a state of order to a state of greater disorder."

Murphy's Law (aka The Second Law of Thermodynamics)

Further, Steven Hawking's explains that the reason this happens is that the number of disordered states out number the ordered states. It's just more likely to happen that things are disordered.

So, matjans take courage. Things can and do get worse.

JF

ehhh happenned to me quite a few times..I was replacing a cap inside my old sony reciever...it was leaking all the goo all over...took it out washed it clean and dried it...ot so I thought...put in a new cap...pop...the adjacent one went...didn't care much...since I got replacements just replaced it...pop...another cap...I ended up replacing everything inside and leaving the thing for a dae before I turned it back on...by then I was so afraid of the reciever blowing when ever I on it...

matjans said:

Anyways, I do mean part of my first post. I think you guys can intervene somewhat earlier than you do now, especially when people start to insult others or go like yes-no-yes-no-YES-NO- YEEES-NOOO.

You are right about the last part (YES-NO) and I admit that I'm also getting involved in those immature conversations.

We'll keep a closer eye on that type of behaviour now, and whenever you feel like something should be acted upon earlier, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail suggestion.

As to your request, I'm closing this thread. I hope your days will be better from now on;)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:

You are right about the last part (YES-NO) and I admit that I'm also getting involved in those immature conversations.

You can't help it Peter. For you GC's are like Frosted Mini Wheats, they bring out the "kid" in you.

Attachments

• fmw_gc1.jpg
    fmw_gc1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.