Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2013, 11:24 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Possibly blown Logitech X540s?

Hi,
Please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong section, I'm not really an audiophile so I had no idea where I should post this. I own a set of Logitech x540 speakers (the US version), and recently brought them over to the UK with me. I plugged them into a travel adapter I had thinking it was a step-down converter aswell, however I do not think this was the case as when I plugged them in the speakers immediately made a buzzing noise, identical to the buzz they make when you touch the bare 3.5mm connector with your finger, and the lights on the volume control wouldn't turn on. It didn't buzz for long and I plugged 'em out immediately, and I'm now waiting on a proper step-down converter to test to see if I've really killed them. What do the folks at DIYAudio think? Have I likely killed my speaker set? I did some googling for blown fuses and blown transformer to get an inkling of how easy it would be to fix the problem as I really love these speakers but it doesn't seem like it would be feasible for me if that would be the case.

Hide this!Advertise here!