Beach Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Just a New Zealander prepping for summer

I'm Wanting to build a beach boombox capable of blowing peoples minds, that can take a wee beating and likes to mingle with a little sand, i want it to be around 140db of choice clear sound, i know this is a high target but i'm sure we can all make it work.
I will have a drawing uploaded by this afternoon of what i would like.
so my main worries for now are the speaker, amp and head unit.
Batteries are the least of my worries right now as we have plenty around with ease of choosing the correct sizes.
Will be looking at installing solar panels but yet is the least of my worries also.
For now i am happy with you all throwing your ideas in so i can have a read over later.
i have read various amounts of posts and other write ups on boomboxes, so my mind is open :)

look forward to hearing your ideas

Many Thanks

William

Yes, you can reach 130 dB with just a standard 100 dB sensitive pro speaker and a miniature 1000 watt RMS amplifier. Except for that pesky power compression thang.

Considering that many portable radios and boomboxes have less than 1 watt RMS per channel, simply using a 10W RMS amp of the T-amp variety and speakers worth more a buck will achieve something fairly impressive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.