Audiophonics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys,

Has anyone heard of an audio company called Audiophonics? I have found the current Audiophonics.fr and another current one with some interesting speaker and amplifier designs. Neither of these are the company that built audio components back in the late 70's. That is the one I am trying to find information on. It seems they produced just a few units as I have found only 2 receivers and one tuner, their may be more. They seem to have been designed in the USA but manufactured in Korea. The only dates that I have found has been June 1979 and July 1979. Not sure but that may have been their only production run. Does anyone have any information or history on this company?

Thanks,
Dennis

I vaguely recall that around that time Sherwood of America sold their name to Inkel who had been making their electronics since the beginning. They were designed here but made their. anyway, at that time some of the principals from Sherwood of America left and started a new company which would design the stuff here but have it made in Korea.

Not sure that Audiophonics was the name of the new company. To cloud the issue further, Inkel, then as now made products to other peoples spec's so it could have been anyone who needed a product produced to their design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.