PC software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, I'm trying to find a decent pc software that will play my music. I've been using zune for years, but I want something that will cross fade between songs and can include music videos into my playlists. I've tried virtual dj and it was a little too much for me, I want basically a really simple dj software that is easy to use and not full of features I don't need, since I'm not a dj after all. My laptop is the only source my stereo ever sees, I have a huge collection of mp3/wma/flac, just trying to find the best way to organize and play it.

So what does everyone else use to organize their pc based collection?

I wrote my own music file player for the PC.

I used VDJ too but I didn't like it.
My own software has 2 windows (left/right) left for whats on the hard disc and the right window for playlist. I double click on songs in the left window or drag them across to the right window. There is a play button which automatically plays all the songs in the right window until the window is empty. There is a pause button. There is a left to play rolling statusbar. There is a time left to play and time used windows.

Its great for DJing because I can make up a playlist and just leave the software to get on with it. It can also save/load playlists.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.