Kriesler 11.88 Stereogram refurb help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, I just bought a beautiful old Kriesler 11.88 Stereogram for a bargain. I bought it knowing that the unit didn't work but thought it was too nice to miss out on, and the cabinet is in perfect condition.

null.png

null-2.png

null-3.jpg

I picked the unit up today. On initial inspection everything seems to look good inside. The turntable works fine, all the lights and the tubes light up but there is absolutely no sound to the speakers.

Any advice on what to look at, test replace etc. would be greatly appreciated. Please consider that I am not experienced in these things however I love tinkering with things learning how they work etc, So a little more explanation may be required. If people wouldn't advise me getting stuck in myself then I would love to know of someone in Sydney who I could take the unit to for repair. (Who won't charge me an arm and a leg).

Thanks for looking, ed

kriesler 11-88

Hi, I realise your post was a few years ago, however I am wondering if you still have your Kriesker 11-88?

I just picked one up and the cabinet needs a lot of restoration. I was wondering if i could get some high resolution images of your cabinet so I can see what the finish is meant to look like.

BTW mine had a rats nest in it!

If you haven't already fixed it I could offer some advice as to how to go about diagnosing your 11-88 tube amp.

Thanks,
Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.