DIY audio women?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently and successfully build a gainclone to the highest surprise of my wife. Somehow I never told her I practiced DIY electronics when I was a teenager. Due to a busy professional life and lack of space, my hobby was left aside for many years. She is not a feminist but nevertheless 'decided' that DIY audio is another one of these man-specific diseases like car tuning. She would have been probably less surprised if I'd confessed belonging to a religious sect! In order to better respond to her provocative statement I was wondering if there are any DIY audio women in these forums?

The funniest thing is that she loved the sound of the gainclone...

Not sure if it was last year or the year before, but there was a German woman engineer at the HiFi show in Weybridge( I think ), who had developed a Lowther style full range driver, but with energising coils rather then magnets. These were very expensive but didn't sound too bad in the very large open baffles. John Howes wes also there in assistance and enjoyed a pleasant chat.
Couldn't tell you if the 'woman' was pre or post op though!

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
What could a man create that would be remotely as extraordinary
as creating....babies.?..

No wonder that our activities that we re branding creative
just appear to them as futilities...

Nonsense. My amp sounds better and it's prettier than any baby I can imagine. Not to mention that it runs on electricity. Cheaper and more reliable. Women keep creating failures, one after another.

Oh, lets not be too glum about the prospects... that there are relatively few female programmers, fewer female electrical engineers, fewer still chip-scale designers, even fewer silicon wafer fab researchers, remarkably fewer yet of plumbers, and insofar as I know absolutely no garbage men, who - because of the idiocy of even claiming that there would be garbage women, or persons, or garbagers ... remain resolutely garbagemen to their last broken back.

Some things may never change: "Hon... will you take out the garbage, please?"

GoatGuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.