vacuum tubes on Revolution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone see this vacuum tube device on the TV show Revolution? Looks like EL84s are in there.

Attachments

• revolution.jpg
    revolution.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 88
um, this is TV fantasy that includes nanobots and USB pendants that control flow of electrical current, and you're concerned about veracity of technical details? ;)

I'm just as amused at the Nixie tube clock on Alec's desk in Continuum - talk about accelerated technical advances - only 64 yrs from now?

Living across the water from Vancouver, it's a hoot to see not only one of the most geographically beautiful cities on the coast not masquerading as "a major US metropolis", but the producers' visioneering of its future.

I noticed some vacuum tube circuits in the black book in previous episodes too. Now that they have burned the book, we probably won't see many more.

this is TV fantasy that includes nanobots and USB pendants that control flow of electrical current, and you're concerned about veracity of technical details?

yeah, there are many more. The computers appear to use old green screen mono monitors, yet boot Unix or Linux. This is on the same show that has nanobots capable of being reprogrammed to repair a compound fracture of the leg.

Yeah, you really gotta turn off logic not to mention physics to watch those shows.

I just thought it was interesting that they put tubes in there. Makes you wonder if one or more of the writers is actually a tubehead and just threw it in there to be different.

I noticed some vacuum tube circuits in the black book in previous episodes too. Now that they have burned the book, we probably won't see many more.

yeah, there are many more. The computers appear to use old green screen mono monitors, yet boot Unix or Linux. This is on the same show that has nanobots capable of being reprogrammed to repair a compound fracture of the leg.

Thanks to some flakey local programming, or conflict on the PVR, I missed at least one episode, and wondered just how exactly she healed so quickly - a shizlode of stuff can happen in 45 minutes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.