Anyone recognise these speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

Does anyone know the make of these spreakers in this music video? They appear at 21 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04bg9IC9N6w

thanx in advance,
dean.

Hey Dean,

It was the stands that the speakers are on that threw me off (could have been a special order or just made for the video itself), but the entire system looks like vintage Electrohome to me. They are a Canadian company and made many "space aged" systems like the one seen in the video, back in the 60's/70's. I think they are still in business, too. Hope this helps.

William

Update: Click link and scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page. I think you will find what you are looking for. I still believe the electronics are from Electrohome, but it was the speakers that had me scratching my head. The sad thing is that I don't think the speakers are real. The website is dedicated to media props. Cheers!

http://modernicaprops.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62_301_303

Last edited:
No idea but I always loved that tune!

Grundig once made spherical speakers (Audiorama) but they were on slender pillar mounts.
Looked very much like those large ashtrays one would find in hotel lobbies during the '70s.

chhers matey,

Im thinking of making a few retro speakers but using a modern speaker design. I might even put a few on ebay just to see if there's any interest. I know these old groovy peices are popular.

Last edited:
Hey Dean,

It was the stands that the speakers are on that threw me off (could have been a special order or just made for the video itself), but the entire system looks like vintage Electrohome to me. They are a Canadian company and made many "space aged" systems like the one seen in the video, back in the 60's/70's. I think they are still in business, too. Hope this helps.

William

Update: Click link and scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page. I think you will find what you are looking for. I still believe the electronics are from Electrohome, but it was the speakers that had me scratching my head. The sad thing is that I don't think the speakers are real. The website is dedicated to media props. Cheers!

STEREOS / SPEAKERS : Modernica Props

cheers mate and thanx for the links, some great stuff there ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.