Vanishing Bybee QP Thread ?........... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2003, 03:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Vanishing Bybee QP Thread ?...........

There was a thread running about Bybee quantum purifiers and now there seems to be no trace - What's happened ?.

Eric.
Old 30th November 2003, 03:45 PM   #2
dhaen is offline dhaen  Europe
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Sorry if you were enjoying it...

It's been moved away until I have time to sort through it and remove any allegations, name calling and threats. Such posting contribute nothing to audio diy
Old 30th November 2003, 03:53 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default I Was Trying To Enjoy It........

Not so much enjoying it but hoping to have a sensible discussion with JC etc, but noise makers keep getting in the way and spoiling it for all as usual.
Is it possible to have an SE free zone somewhere ?.

Eric.
Old 30th November 2003, 04:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi John,
Justin and I did the show with my cables Friday night, and we will do the same next Friday night.
Justin had some other band to engineer Saturday night, but without my leads or me and he was not looking forward to it after what we achieved Friday night - I have not spoken to him about his Saturday night show yet.

The Friday night band are friends of mine and are especially good, and every sound guy enjoys to engineer them.
We have a settings problem with the system to iron out before next week and then we will be able to go for broke - after the show we worked out that the electronic crossover box was set to limit the mids 6dB before the highs or lows.
During the show we had a HUGE, CLEAN and DYNAMIC sound that we could have run rather harder (louder and even bigger) except that vocals/mids went into limiting and reduced in aparent level thus changing overall sound balance when increasing the master FOH faders too far.
We did things like pull other midrange sources down in the mix to allow more room for the vocals, and this worked well enough for the night, but next week we will have this limitation removed and then we can have even more fun.
Previous experiments have produced really nicely cleanly musical results that allow systems to go to sustained extreme levels and very interestingly without causing ear fatigue or ringing, and more than one listener has commented on this.
I am looking forward to next Friday night.

Eric.

These guys can really belt out a tune.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0185edit.jpg (74.7 KB, 364 views)
Old 30th November 2003, 05:04 PM   #5
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Quote:
Is it possible to have an SE free zone somewhere ?
hehe, naughty naughty!

Quote:
without causing ear fatigue or ringing
Maybe you could fly over here and get rid of the ear fatigue and ringing from my system... Cutting a hole in the midrange only half fixes it, heh. (last trick tried!)

Anyway, back to the old topic. You're saying that these incredible improvements are due solely to these Byebee type devices you have knocked up?

-Simon
Old 30th November 2003, 05:13 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Yes, and fine tuning which is made easier.

Eric.
Old 30th November 2003, 05:50 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi Eric,

I had been of the mindset that recording engineers were involved in the tough job of capturing a performance and converting sound to eletricity. I forgot about the everyday work people like you are involved with creating a live performance to begin with. You have to keep the crowd happy, the house manager happy, and the band happy. And every one tends to like it loud. No easy feat (but I don't need to tell you that). Great to hear about a great performance. There is no audio like a live music. Keep at it.

JF
Old 30th November 2003, 06:11 PM   #8
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Quote:
Is it possible to have an SE free zone somewhere ?
I think it is important to have him remind us all that you guys aren't necessarily right - otherwise we are on the way to putting our photos in the freezer.. There is no doubt that audiophiles DO fall for stuff that is worthless, all people that are more open minded (or closed minded depending on your view!) are the first to fall for BS .

You COULD just ignore him, and continue your discussion around him easily, but some of you have huge, desperate egos and have to argue every point. Perhaps you guys could consider maturing a bit while the thread is away.

If you guys had children, you certainly wouldn't let them act in such a matter...
Old 30th November 2003, 06:19 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default DIY Soundmix.........

If the band is good the rest is a whole lot easier.
Getting foldback good makes the band happy and this translates into their performance which makes the audience happy.
A happy audience drinks more and this makes the manager happy.
Good system sound and system dynamics keep us sound guys happy - we are mixing the sound for ourselves don't forget.
If the sound is good then it gets even better when louder up to a sensible limit of course.
Good sound and loud are often mutually exclusive, and some bad engineers don't understand this and just crank it regardless.
Justin and I insist on hifi sound without harshness and this is what we are achieving and quite spectacularly.
I lost count of how many signed CD copies the band sold the other night - always a good indicator of crowd enjoyment.
Also there were rousing cheers, clapping and whistles from the crowd after every song.
Next week will be even more fun.

Eric.
Old 30th November 2003, 06:40 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Construction And Destruction.........

The problem is that there are observations that we KNOW we are right about and SE keeps intruding and running threads off track and effectively destroying them.
If he were to butt out sometimes these threads would develop in a fruitful way and much useful information could be fleshed out and shared.
I am frankly sick to ****ing death of hearing about stupid photographs in bloody freezers, and idiotic argument based on this kind of crap, and his consistent belief that everybody else on the planet is imagining things that they are hearing.
I read an interesting article about 'negative mood disorder' that describes SE's social interactions very closely, and further shows that those in a negative outlook are unable when in this condition to assimilate information correctly.
The likes of Frank and JC and myself are far too experienced to allow ourselves to be deluded by apearances or marketing, and use our ears as the only arbiter.
SE is by his attitude precluding himself from this simple skill.

Eric.

Hide this!Advertise here!