Anybody knows where t oget cheapie self-adhesive copper tape??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
copper tape

I don't know if stained glass is a craft practised in Singapore but I can easily get copper tape with a VERY strong adhesive at any stained glass craft store here in Canada. You know the stained glass use to make Tiffany lamps or church windows, etc? In real stained glass work the glass is held together with a lead or tin leading (extrusion) with slots on either side for the glass to fit into. But for craftsy fake stained glass work for the hobbiest you can tape your glass fragments together with this super sticky copper tape and the solder over it to make it LOOK like leading. It is available in any number of widths and thicknesses. I use it for the conductors on homemade slotcar tracks.
Greg

I do not know if this is a cheapie copper tape but I have used this stuff to shield electronics from heat and interference. The brand name is Kapton Tape and it is made by DuPont. I am not sure if this helps but I found this address on their web site.

tech :dunno:

Singapore
DuPont Singapore PTE Ltd.
1 Maritime Square #07-01
World Trade Center
Singapore 099253
Tel: 65-279-3527
Fax: 65-277-3640
E-mail: Aaron.Tng@sgp.dupont.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.