Is TV creativity extinguished? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2013, 07:30 AM   #31
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I havn't read everything, but may years ago (1993) there was a program made called Videos, vigilantes & voyeurism which had some interesting views on the future of video based entertainment.
Enzo, these shows are cheap TV, dont cost a lot to make etc, what did we watch before they started poluting our airwaves...
Better slow down before I go on one regarding todays society, think of my views as similar to the late great Bill Hicks, but with more cynicism.
Old 21st March 2013, 07:35 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

One more point, I am lucky that I have enough going on in my life that I only have time left to pick the odd programs I want to watch, and even then they are usually recorded as TV viewing is secondary to almost evrything else I do. Whan I was younger and single I did 9 years without owning a TV!
Old 21st March 2013, 12:04 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Location: Barrio Garay,Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Indubitably, old series was better. I remember the old Mission Impossible, very creative arguments. Also, a series called The Professionals, the main actor was an old with white hair, I don't remember his name. It was said that the arguments war written by students of theater. Also, many old The Three Stooges, with Moe, Larry, Curly or Shemp. Shemp makes me laugh with only his face. And I'm 43, and I saw some of the chapters about 10-12 times, or perhaps more, still make me laugh. I saw them in the special channel at Youtube.

Respect to Mexican "novelas", are similar to Argentine and Colombians; a triangle of love, and girls in tears and a war poor-rich (wo)men. I hate them also.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:46 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Older TV and films ahd to rely on content and not fancy graphics, scenes were longer as well, now its like the cameraman is on speed, the number of shot changes during a scene.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:54 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Location: Barrio Garay,Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Particularly, "The Professionals" had very interesting images and very fer dialogues, only the necessary, what is the essence of TV, not stupid long dialogues.

Hide this!Advertise here!